Quote Originally Posted by thir View Post
Their private lives are no concern of any fans! Same goes for politicians and other people in the public eye.
I agree, to a point. But such people have placed themselves into the public sphere, and the way they conduct their private lives is indicative of their character. For politicians, especially, who are elected to represent the voters, their private lives are almost certainly more important to understand than the public persona they affect. Sports stars, music stars, movie stars, etc. are all voluntarily putting themselves into the public eye, and a certain degree of private scrutiny is inevitable.

But, I certainly do not think they should get away with being rapists either!!! Same rules for all.
Same rules for all is certainly a lofty ideal. Unfortunately we seldom see the famous, rich and powerful being held accountable to the same level as others. And when they use their fame, wealth and power to escape accountability they should be held in even more disrepute. But too many of their fans are all too willing to allow them to do horrific things simply because they are famous. I contend that, if they want to be seen to be so much better than the average person, they should hold themselves, and be held by the average person, to a higher standard.