Quote Originally Posted by thir View Post
I can see not point in accusing anyone who is taking a picture of themselves! But to send them on without permission is surely asking for more than 'a caution.'
To interfere in private communication is to me 'indecent'. To put on the net is careless, but not a crime unless done by others without permission.
Interesting. Legally, no: here at least, the acts of making and distributing the photos is the same crime; had the subject not been underage, there would be no crime involved at all. (It might be deemed a breach of copyright, for which you could theoretically sue, but that's all.)

Perhaps we need a sort of 'Romeo and Juliet' exemption, like some US states have so two 15 year olds having sex isn't a crime even if the 15 year old having sex with a 20 year old would be. In fact, I think we currently have - in the UK - the absurd anomaly where I could have sex with a 17 year old girl quite legally - but you taking a photo of that perfectly legal act would make you a sex offender. I can't imagine politicians putting any effort into any sort of rethink, though: too easy to be attacked for it.