I have read a lot of stories in the BDSM Library and written a few but I learned the way to write first. I write e books and find it a lot easier than writing episodes for the library. Writing for the library the first chapter one week and another a week or many weeks after has its problems. The main one being you are writing in a set direction leaving no room for manoeuvre. Your path has been set by the previous chapter and there is no room for going back and adding a ghost. The rest between chapters does give the writer a chance to think of their next move or how to get to the next chapter. The problem with that is if you think of adding a person into the story, that up until now has not been referred to then, but he/she is needed to make the story work. You then realise that you cannot make them appear out of thin air for fear of turning your good story into a mess.

Some of the stories I have read have been e book standard, almost, it was the lack of sensitivity and feeling that let them down. There was also not a lot of depth because the writer was so eager to see their story published they never followed the golden rules. There are only a few but they will save embarrassment when you see your posted manuscript in print. Once it is in print there is no turning back. You will want to hide when you see the typos, and the places where you have left out all the main points. You read the story through on line and realise that you could have added a bit here or a character there to make the story interesting and full of life. However it is now far too late to go back and change the story.

With an e book the problems do not arise and you learn the rules that no one tells you. Or you were taught at school and have now forgotten. I have made many mistakes, but I have learned my lessons well and learn something new every time I write a story. My only drawback is my English grammar is bad, but over the last seven years it has improved.

There are many e book writers on this site or there was, and I am in no doubt that if asked they would step up to the line and answer any questions that will help members improve their stories. You all should remember that you will get no answers unless you ask the right questions.

Be well Ian