my 2 Pence for what it's worth.

Your average u.k jo-public has no idea about what life without an nhs would be like. it is gratifying to see that it is appreciated as highly as it is but the nhs is in trouble big trouble.

it is my personal opinion that it won't survive this government, and I have a horrible feeling that this is the whole point. I don't think the government want it to survive. I think, they think, it is a massive money pit and want it privetised. no one in the current conservative government will ever have to worry about finding money that they don't have for an operation. or deciding if you spend money on food or medicine for Your child, they are all in the upper socioeconomic bracket who won't have any problems affording private health care.

The nhs is a sinking ship, it functions (just) at the moment because of the good will of the staff that work for it. Staff are working much longer hours, working for much less and having to provide more 'proof of targets' in the form of mountains of paperwork than ever before. the only reason the great institution is crawling along still, is because on the whole the people that work there believe in it and the key principle of healthcare for all comers.

Are these people appreciarted? supported? heaven forbid thanked.........no. we have the onerous Jermamy Hunt imposing a dangerous and poorly conceived new contract on the junior doctors that WILL result in dangerous practices and lives lost, totally ignoring the concerns of the BMA (the doctors Union) and people who have been struggling badly with dangerous conditions to provide the service (some for their entire career). this government are forcing dangerous conditions on our juniors with no process of discussion or even any acknowledgement of these concerns.

ths is is what is going to happen.

our trainees are are gong to go elsewhere, to New Zealand, to Australia where they can earn twice as much for half the work. the NHS will become staffed with staff grade doctors and foreign doctors (some of whom are excellent, but the excellent staff grades and foreign doctors are not going to want to work in the NHS) slowly but surly the nhs will become unstaffable. mistakes will be made and people will start to sue. the public opinion of the NHS will fall and the government will step in with privatisation, the plan from the start.

it it is heart breaking to see it happening and to be totally powerless to stop it from happening.

my advise to any Brits on here is to enjoy your NHS while you have it, because it is terminally ill and doesn't have long left.