Quote Originally Posted by CuriousPursuit View Post
But I was curious if there might be any correlation between BDSM and specific childhood experiences, please keep in mind this is just a supposition, and one I would love to receive any and all feedback on.

Now disclaimer aside I cannot for the life of me understand the idea of giving up complete agency to another person and seperately I cannot understand the concept of punishment and degradation and humiliation, this to me shows a complete lack of self respect and personal worth and is an ultimately destructive practice for the one receiving such treatment.
Anything is possible. In my case, I suppose that if there is any correlation between BDSM and specific childhood experiences it's the reason I dislike dominant females. It may also be the reason for my desire for a loving, male-led relationship. Maybe my experiences warped my view of love and sex. However, my deeply held beliefs could also be a contributing factor. All that aside, I don't actually care why I am the way I am. There are simply too many factors to consider, and I don't like to waste my time navel-gazing.

I'm going to ignore your insulting remarks and condescend to answer your question as honestly and nicely as I can.

My deeply held beliefs involve submitting to a higher authority. Most people do this throughout their lives. They learn to obey their parents, their teachers, their boss, the police, etc. I simply choose to go "all in" within the context of marriage. Punishment, degradation, and humiliation turn me on. It really is that simple. When my husband took the new car away from me and told me I had to drive the old one because he didn't like my attitude, my pink bits got all tingly, and I couldn't wait to go to bed. LOL! I know the difference between abuse and kinky fun times. Context is everything. I have no problem whatsoever standing up for myself when someone mistreats me. Try slapping the shit out of me, and you'll soon find out. Someone else's "red flag" might be my idea of a fabulous time. The moral of the story is that when you assume anything you make an ass out of u and me.