bdsm is shortened form of bondage discipline sadomasicsm

but definition within this are many. The OP's title is master slave 'etc' ......and reading post they seem to ask about broader concept than strict M/s.

I have some experiance in treating sexual abuse survivors both the child and adult.

my comment is that is irresponsible to suggest that people either lie about nor exaggerate abuse.

The experiance of two forum members that anacdotally report higher number of People speaking of personal history of abuse in Bdsm comparing with general population has 2 major flaws

1. 2 is tiny sample as to to statistically insignificant. it may be simply that people claiming this to be case are the ones more likely to post. it may be that the 2 who report this to be true, are creating this perceived 'phenomenon' themselves in the way they interact with people or the people with whom they choose to speak.

2. it may simply that on sites such as this sexual topics and questions are raised much more often than in the general conversation or in the general public, which would mean that sexual abuse history is more often spoken of.

it is irresponsible comments and attitudes that people make up abuse or even more shocking use past history abuse to advantage for sexual kicks, that prevent abuse survivors from talking about experiance or seeking help.

I would think unlikely that they is a significantly higher number of sexual abuse in childhood in bdsm community than any other, as it is one thing that does cross all socioeconomic, race, education and other boundaries, though I have no experteisee on Bdsm community especially.