I agree with almost everything you say, except:
Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
I agree we could do more to stop terrorism at home but disagree with your focus. Making muslims feel more at home serves to attract more immigrants and gives weight to their demands that society should change to suit their cultures.
As for attracting immigrants, people were coming here - Irish, Jews, Caribbeans, Pakistanis - back when this country was known to be institutionally racist and they knew they'd be lucky to get their holy day off. I think Muslims considering whether to come here are more worried whether they can get a job and a house than whether their wives can wear burqas.

As for change, there was a time when people were afraid that Irish immigrants would swamp us and change our culture, and if one of them could see the St. Pat's Day parades he'd say his worst fears had come true and the Irish had won. They haven't, of course; they've been assimilated, like the other minorities after them. Up here in Yorkshire the towns put up decorations for Eid and for Christmas, and only a few granddads complain.
Every mosque is the meeting place and recruitment center for terrorists. The terrorists indoctrinate, recruit and plot while the imams and police watch.
This is a favourite story for the tabloids, but the people whose job it is to know, the security services, don't agree. Every report says that mosques are, for the most part, doing their best to preach peace and good citizenship. Radicalisation, according to studies of the French and Belgian communities, doesn't happen in the mosques: generally it happens by young men being told by some chap in the street "Yo, man, [1] your parents and your immam don't know what REAL Islam is. REAL Islam is about being WARRIORS, take a look at this website and see the TROOF!" In other words, pretty much the same way that youths from other communities get recruited to neo-Nazi groups, only the details of the pitch vary.

[1] Not exagerating, I've met young Muslims who really think this is still the cool way to talk.