Quote Originally Posted by just_ine
So, giving pleasure isn't outside of the realm of the evil sadist.
The man presented himself as Dom. gave pleasure as Dom, then when he showed his "true colors" as sadist your pleasure stopped and his started. This is summary of what you said, correct? Yes a sadist can give pleasure just as a sadist can drive a car but when he is driving he is a motorist not a sadiist. By definition a sadist gives suffering not pleasure. If he gives pleasure he is not acting as sadist.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleKnight
Denzark, I find it extremely offensive that you keep on injecting serial killers and concentration camp guards into your definitions because it only perpetuates the negative stigma that society has toward sadists.
The reason I do so is because in more than 2000 years of recorde history I struggle to name one benign sadist. Can you name me one. As I said before, I suspect the truth is that what bdsm calls a sadist is not really a sadist just as a bdsm slave is not really a slave. Your position is there are two types of sadist just as others would no doubt argue there are two types of slave. You say there are misconceptions about sadism just as the slave would argue there are about slavery.

I accept the bdsm sadist is not the same as the dictionary sadist, Can you define or describe what the bdsm sadist is then so there is no confusion or misconception,

If you want me to withdraw from this discussion you need only say so but please do not seek to silence a valid opinion by saying "I find it offensive". That is the ploy of right wing religous groups who use the claim of finding offensive against art, thought, free speech and bdsm itself.

It also isn't relevant, because just_ine never asked about those types of sadists.
Maybe I am misreading but just_ine never distinguished between types of sadists or did she ?

I don't need to be defined by dictionaries, either. The act of placing labels on people and their feelings is the very reason I felt so guilty about my desires when I was still coping with That
Like it or not dictionaries are the means by which we clarify words in order to communicate effectively. That you choose to attach a different meaning to a word is fair enough but to avoid confusuion and misconceptions please let your meaning be known, That was why I asked if you met the definition, it was chance for you to explain your meaning, your type.

As regards label, YOU attached the label sadist to yourself. Why did you do that if you dislike labels. You attach the label, then choose to attach a different meaning, then choose not to explain what that meaning is. And you wonder why there are misconceptions.