Thank You so much for Your reply. Before even reading this, I followed my intuition last night and now I find it is right along the lines of Your suggestions. I compiled an intro that talked about the interests of multiple subs so he could give me a clearer view of his "ideal Master". I also provided a formal contract complete with my own edits and within the lines of what is accepted as legitimate in the community and a list of my expectations. My sub seems to be the type who prefers me to decide what his wants are, and why he should be punished and how. Personally, I have difficulty pointing out flaws in those that I love, so I haven't provided a stern bar for my sub to reach for. I have created an atmosphere now, one that I hope to maintain, but it always feels so fragile and I rely on his obedience to drive my confidence and I'm not sure if that's where I've dropped the ball in the past or if it's something I can use as a part of who I am as a Master. I will definitely check out Your page, being a part of the community and being able to discuss these matters with others is really what I need to develop fully as a true Master. I appreciate You taking the time to respond, it is encouraging.