Quote Originally Posted by Numinosity View Post
Sounds to me like your Dom had a hard time seperating your D/s relationship with your everyday relationship, and thus was attempting to create the image of superiority. A (good) Dom will ofcourse know when to stop bieng a Dom and go back to be a "normal" person again, who will treat the other person with the respect any person deserves. I wouldnt say this is a common experience with older Doms, but it would be a lie to say that alot of people (both Doms and subs, of all ages) dont sometimes carry their roles with them out of the (proverbial) bedroom. As you experienced, this is not healthy, and you were right in ending the relationship over it.

Hope you will find some one better able to not let the D/s roles get to their heads. Many better experiences likely lie ahead!
Thank you Numinosity. I suspected as much, but wasn't sure. It kind of backfired in a way, as I just started to perceive him as insecure but also as irrational (as ignoring my abilities doesn't mean that they don't exist). I was always very aware though that he seemed insecure, despite the numerous conversations he initiated about confidence and how much of it he had developed over the years. I personally believe confidence is quiet and doesn't require verbal declaration.

Thanks again You have a good day.