How many times have you been asked how to spot a pretender or predator? Are there specific signs to watch for? Will it show in their actions? The words they use? Will it be how they present themselves? Will it show in their attitude? And the list goes on...
I understand that common sense is pretty much the key to this line of worry, but for me? It does help a little to find more confidence in this very slow walk through self discovery that is on a path lined with doubts, insecurities, and worries to have a few extra pieces of knowledge hidden in my back pocket to hold onto when niavity shows her big beautiful smile in the uncertain and first time attempt at negotiations.
So maybe asking for suggestions is the wrong approach? Perhaps instead we should start a check list? Here, I will start:

(1) during introductions you are told names do not matter
(2) after asking second question being told to shut your mouth and listen as that is the place of the student
(3) while trying to negotiate time being told to figure it out and time is non negotiable
(4) while trying to bring up limits being told that you are too inexperienced to know what a limit is and that he will set them himself
(5) while trying to set boundaries being told it is his right as Trainer to decide what is good for me
(6) while questioning experiance being told that he has enough to know exactly what I need and to stop asking childish questions as they are a waste of time
(7) after listening to what is to be expect being told that training is not for sexual gratification, as he is not my Dom and as Trainer it is not his place to offer rewards in the form of his cock, my orgasms now belong to him as first lesson is in self control and for his time? I would suck his cock dry at the end of every session.
(8) after hearing enough? You get up to leave and he grabs your wrist and commands you to 'Sit. Down. Now'

Now understand that is my first attempt at real life negotiation, so maybe it is wrong for me to think that this trainer is an over inflated power hungry dick, maybe it is not.
If I am misunderstood? Please feel free to set me straight.
I would like to send a huge THANK YOU to all of those here that have given their time to put up with my chatty insecure doubt filled naive newby butt because without you and your wisdom? I may not seen the red flags in this negotiation. So again? Thank you.
And to those of you that too have experienced something similar to this? Feel free to add to the check list.