Occ:

I need a very special writer to play Rutledge. I've tried this on another board and it seems either no one cares for my ideas or no one feels up to the challenge.

Rutledge is not a black or white character. He is a very flawed but loving character. At first he is spoiled and arrogant but to Valdis he is charming and caring not to mention hot as hell. He is a visionary with a cause too.

Later he is dead and feels betrayed by Valdis. He is very angry at her and yet she is his anchor to this world.

Imagine watching your woman turn into a monster and drink blood. Would you feel lied to?

Imagine watching her seduce men to drink from them, would that make you angry?

Would it twist your soul to see these things? Would it make you learn to hate her even when you loved her?

If she could find a way to make you flesh again after 200 years of this, when you were both convinced, wrongly, that your death was her fault, what would you do?

Which is stronger? Love or hate?

Because you do love her. You can't help it. She is childlike at times. Tough as nails other times. Each night she bleeds for you as a gift that keeps her weaker than she has to be. She takes your verbal abuse. Is it because she has to? Or because she loves you that much? Maybe it's simply that you are right and she is wrong?

Who thinks they can play this complex man?

We will start with the meeting on the river boat.

We will play out their happy days, their struggle and Rutledge's death. Then we will play out him coming to her, watching her, talking to her and how very much she wishes she could touch him.

There will be times they work together and times they are at odds.

PM me if you think you are up for the challenge.

Thanks,

Fury