Here we go folks. Remember to play nice.

On Wednesday the state senate of South Dakota voted to outlaw abortion completely excepting only those cases where the abortion would directly save the life of the mother. This is the first direct challenge to Roe v. Wade in about 15 years and it seems likely the the govenor of the state, Mike Rounds, will sign the bill into law when it reaches his desk because he is very definitely anti-abortion.

Now I just don't get it. I never have and I doubt I ever will, but I don't understand why anyone thinks they have a right to tell somebody else what to do with his or her life. I mean I don't plan to stop dripping candle wax on my wife's breasts and I'd resent the hell out of somebody who thought they could tell me to do so. Abortion is certainly a more important issue, but I think the basic freedom is the same. I could never approve an abortion if the decision was left to me, but what gives me-or anyone else-the right to decide that for a stranger? What do you all think? Is this a blow for morality or a reduction of the freedoms the United States is supposed to stand for?