I woke up so early on Wednesday morning. Even earlier than the early alarm I had set myself. I was both nervous and excited.

I was ready more than an hour before I needed to leave. Standing once again before the mirrors I took in the outfit which Ed had sent me. In my head I could hear the strains of eastern music and I started to ripple my body to its sensuous tones. The little bells tinkled as my movements became larger and in my mind I was transported to the Sultan’s palace and surrounded by evocative scents I seduced the man who had the power of life or death over each of his subjects.

Reluctantly I came back to earth. Wrapped a large cloak around myself, and buttoned it up just enough to make sure that the top half of me remained covered as I drove, replaced the high strappy gold sandals (I still wondered how authentic they were) with some more sensible driving shoes and full of anticipation left to discover what other props Ed had created for my party.

I was just over quarter of an hour early as I pulled up outside the large Victorian house which bore the discreet trading plate ‘Corks Away’.