not sure about the validity of this, but i had heard that HPV can also causes penile/anal cancer and genital warts in men. so why aren't they wanting to vaccinate boys/men as well?

i don't believe it should be mandatory, but once my daughter is old enough...and we've discussed it thoroughly with her doctor, i would consider having her vaccinated.

i probably would get vaccinated too if i weren't already too old to get the vaccine. but just because i would get it and get it for my daughter doesn't mean it should be a mandatory vaccination. ~shrugs~ just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by just_annie View Post
Part of the arguments that have been used in VA (where i live) is that the vaccine promotes promiscuity. i do NOT believe for a moment that having my daughters vaccinated against HPV promotes promiscuity. i believe as a parent it is my job to educate my daughter enough to make that decision based on ALL the facts, etc. So, to me... that argument isn't a valid.
i agree...no way in hell does getting vaccinated against HPV promote promiscuity. that has to be the stupidest concept i've ever heard. helloo?????? there are still TONS of other STDs out there that you CAN'T get vaccinated from! it's not like some girl is going to be all like "oh! i can't get cervical cancer now? ok lemme see what i can do about drumming up a few STDs instead...herpes? aids?" i mean seriously. ~shaking my head~