Quote Originally Posted by Ozme52 View Post
HPV, per se, is not an STD. Most of humanity carries it... and, unfortunately, if introduced into the vagina, it can trigger cervical cancer. I say it's not an STD... no more than influenza is an STD... which can also be introduced into the vagina via sexual contact. (That's not to say the medicos, or more likely the politicians, won't reclassify it as such...)

We all carry millions of viruses that do no harm... or the incidence of harm is so low that they've never correlated the virus to any serious condition.

However, there is now so much computational power available that many otherwise tenusous relationships are being observed... but some are so slight that it will be many years before they can be clinically 'tested' to determine their validity.

None-the-less, when we do get information that even a low risk association has been made, then why not do something that could ensure your long term health. In general, I'm pro-vaccines.

I must say, I like your approach better on this topic. Although to me it's really just another label or something that I could potentially pass on to any of my partners... Or receive again in the future after ridding myself of it....