Does anyone here believe you can explore one side of your sexuality online without it being an affront to the sexuality of your r/l partner?

All the way back to the original question (with hopes of staying on topic). Rope monkey I have been exploring they wilder side of my sexuality OL with a very close friend. No I do not believe this is an affront to my rl partner in any way -it actually enhances our relationship. My OL friend and I often discuss more than just sexual play --which adds to many of my rl conversations. My rl partner knows I'm online and that I have friends (as does he when he goes to the local bar) but no I do not give the details of my ol play, because it is just that - play, never will it be taken to a real life meeting (yes my OL friend knows this). My friendship with my OL partner is very dear to me. My rl partner and I have been together many years and we trust each other to know the limits of what is expected - I feel I have kept within these limits. I think previous posts have gotten off topic with what constitutes cheating -truthfully I think this is a very personal thought and is different for many people - there are probably as many different view points as people answering--its a deeply personal decision you will have to make. There are many sites on whether cyber sex is cheating --and you will get both points of view- if that IS part of your question -I suggest maybe reading up on it will give you a more impartial answer.