Let Me preface this by saying no offense intended.. I revel in the fact that there can be a free exchange of ideas here and respect E/each of Our rights to have them..

Quote Originally Posted by Aibo View Post

Since I would say that those who swap the terms 24/7 and TPE simply are sloppy. Claiming that they got a 24/7 relationship is claimed by everyone and their aunt in some circles. But if you get to view them for some time, you find that they actually are not, or just by talking to them. Its extremely rare in fact, hope they are happy with it, but I have my doubts on the psycological consequences over longer times. It would cause total dependency.
Sloppy is presuming 24/7 lifestyle D/s, (which goes hand-in-hand with TPE, in My opinion..) when practiced by truly devoted individuals would yield anything less than psychological dependence..In TPE, the Dominant party craves exactly that.. The submissive's desire to do any/everything without question comes from their inner need to please their Dominant.. That need does not manifest itself within the worthy sub without being 'properly manicured'..

Now for TPE, thats actually more common, even for those who live their separate lives in different locations during the weeks, and only meet on weekends. It can still be TPE and it is.
True TPE does not exist without long-term training.. Most of U/us masquerade as vanilla during normal working hours.. 24/7 is the fantasy.. A threat I use frequently when questioning a servant's sincerity..

Point being, O/one can be 24/7 AND leave the dungeon once in a while so long as when you are with Me, the aforementioned formalities are observed (holding doors, tying My shoes, hailing cabs, eyes down-cast, etc..) I believe 24/7 to be a state of mind..

Have to give the answer from my own perspective, but it might give some insight.
I am going to date someone next week, and she have already said that she dont want me to become her master and she dont even want to be collared.

So I have gotten a clear message where she indicated that she's not interested for neither 24/7 or TPE, and if it works out it might end up in some more easygoing deal of part time submission.
Not from My perspective.. This sub may in fact be interested in TPE but not in the reverent sense.. Perhaps she wants to be used as a toy and put away when her Top is through with her knowing she is one of many toys.. Some little ones need to know how filthy and unworthy they are.. Such encounters are not without appeal..

..even I would wonder about someone who would offer full time and total submission from the start.
I believe the contrast to be the more dubious offering..

As above, I enjoy discussing these topics as mature individuals, with no offense intended.. Thanks for Y/your attention..