sigh...i had a family member who was a heroin addict commit suicide and the church told us God understood he was suffering (my families born again church).
my father was suffering from cancer and did not commit suicide and it was only due to believing if there was an autopsy of any sort insurance wouldn't pay.
my mother died about 2 months ago on all the best pain meds hospice can offer and she suffered tremendously the entire time.
i am aware of someone whose doctor assisted his suicide by helping family members get the right prescriptions filled so if he chose to it was there. he was suffering from parkinsons disease.

suffering is only quantified by the person suffering i think and to have an outside religious or legal agency dictate that is not right as far as i am concerned. although there is a slippery slope argued well that mental suffering or emotional suffering is suffering as well and suicide is wrong for that too. i just know that if i was faced with the same decision i would face it without incriminating others if possible. i would not wish to risk my family suffering either through my illness or legal or ethical issues