i used to be catholic, I guess in a way I still am, although I just dont practice it anymore.

You would be surprised at what catholics practice.

for instance, nuns self flagellate, granted it is a symbolic practice in representing the whipping of Christ.

There are some catholics who are so into the "suffering" some have used a celice (celise) to inflict not only pain but to draw blood as penance.

Just a few examples of the church propagating forms of discipline and even pain.

In my mind the church and the bible encourage D/s, "Wives submit to your husbands" or "Women should cover their heads"

Then there is also the "confessional" where you tell the priest of the sins you are aware of committing. (this reminds me of a sub ratting themself out to their dominant) ...

I left the church mainly because it was something that was made by man (man as in male...with very little input from female)...funny how I like having a male in control...as far as I consent to it. But reconciling BDSM and being catholic isnt the problem, as what goes on to make two people happy in their lives and relationship...as long as they both are able minded and consenting adults ...is between them.

Just my thoughts on things