As a side note from another thread, i've noticed subs have different things in their make up that are common and i wondered if there are some things that make or 'set' our submissiveness as we go through this world.

myself, i've known my whole life (and before i knew what it was called), i've had sexual outdoor bondage fantasies since i was a very young gurl (8 at least).

also, when i was five i was put with a horrible family that abused me constantly in all the forms, beatings, emotional degradation, sexual abuse when i got older - i left when i was 13 and moved around living in the streets for a few years before getting back on track and finishing school - in that time i'd been raped 3 times

i would follow this cycle of abuse for most of my years, picking abusing aggressors over confident assertives - i now know the difference and it's been 10 yrs since a man has put me in the hospital

so, although i know i was submissive before all the abuse, i wonder if it hasn't had a hand in further 'setting' the seed of my submission, firmly planting it there?

i know that the abuse didn't help my judgement, and in the past i was giving into an unhealthy submission of their deciding as opposed to a healthy submission of my choosing

now, no one gets to take advantage of me since breaking that cycle for good but i wonder if it's had a firm hand and if others think things like this has in their submissiveness as well?

*disclaimer* i'm not trying to put it all in one 'box', just wondering if we share any commonalities period *smiles*