Hello all; I have a question for all of you lovely submissives out there . I've been with my sub for about four years and we know each other fairly well. I think I can understand most of his needs and wants; but one thing that continually baffles me is his desire to sacrifice his own wants for mine, well, all the time. He wants to eat whatever I want for dinner; he wants to watch whatever I want on TV, he wants to go out to wherever I'd like to go, etc. And I have no problems with this most of the time, except sometimes he'll actually lie and say what he knows I want to hear, and not the truth (like he'll say "Sure I'd love to go for a walk" when in reality his feet hurt from working all day and he really would rather not, and I don't find out until later, when he is wincing with each step). I've explained to him that I don't want that- that I care about him and I want to consider his needs. But he doesn't seem to be able to help himself.

I suppose the biggest problem is when he tells me he likes something that he doesn't (could be something sexual, could be something not), and then I honestly think he likes it. So if I'm feeling affectionate, I'll do it; and then I find out later he really doesn't like it. I don't think he does this on purpose; we've talked about it at length and he mentally understands that I want him to be truthful with me. He still does it anyway.

Should I just let it go, or should I keep insisting he be honest with me? I know it's a big need of his to sacrifice his own wants for mine, and I can't understand it beyond that. Whatever insight anyone has into this will be greatly welcomed; if anyone has had similar experiences I'd like to know your thoughts. Thank you so much!