Quote Originally Posted by thir View Post
Where does deportation come into it? Should we likewise deport others to Australia or somewhere when they screw up??
One other point I would like to make on that remark that we should never forget. The British have been deporting their own citizens to other countries to face trial for several years. I am happy to say that a vast majority of the population in the, UK, would say that an asylum seeker is the bottom of the pile but top of the list to be deported. We have been sending British born citizens to New Zealand, Canada, Australia, America and Europe ever since we signed up for the extradition treaty.

It is not an asylum seekers right to be allowed in another country to stay whatever the trouble is in, their own, country. He has to prove that he is a responsible person and will uphold the British laws of the land. The three highest crimes in the UK in my opinion are Treason, murder and manslaughter. How much higher does an asylum seeker have to go before he is considered not worthy of our protection?

Be well IAN 2411