my friends and i talk alot about the different levels and areas that are D/s. He is labeled a "top heave switch", by His own words. (a better label would be rope slut, if it moves He ropes it, within a little reason). Mainly He is a rope top. He does bottom to only one person at this moment. i've asked Him before and He doesn't go into subspace at all. Infact, the one time i watched Him bottom to His Domme, the switch got flipped and He went from bottom to top in the blink of an eye. The signals got crossed that time.

That's one thing i've always wondered about switches, when and what sets off what side their mood/feelings lay on?

my other friend, again a Top heavy switch, is a different sort of switch. Where my first one, (i'll call Him Playful) He wont admit He has the mentality to be a bottom/get into subspace, she does when she is switching for someone she loves/is in a relationship with.

So those are two examples of top heavy switches in the same they'll only switch for one person and for everyone else they are the other. Now my question is i am and have alwys been a submissive. i have not had a desire to Top/Domme anyone. i don't want the responsibility or do i have the confidence to do it. It doesnt get my rocks off and it just seems "fake" when i even think of trying to top.

i go to local events and have fun, i relax and be myself. And everyone thinks i'm a switch. my friend, Playful, Tops me when we play and ropes me up. But at the same time He lets me get a bit. . .pushy, and this morning i tried something new (basically in the simplest form being a Domme). So i don't think i could be a Top for any long amount of time, because it does confuse me. So my long ass question comes to an end:

how do You know if your a switch? Oh and any thoughts on the different kinds/styles of switching would be lovely as well to talk about/go into with this thread.

~j~