For anyone that has read my profile you will know that I am a writer and spend a good part of each day writing my stories. I only write Fem/Dom because it was the way I lived my life until my Mistress died.

I have a few stories that I have started to write but when getting to fifteen or twenty thousand words and about chapter five, I have stopped writing. Some of these stories are a year or more old and some only a few months. I stopped writing for any of a few reasons, writer block, starting to go linier and needs a twist, or I have lost the plot.

A few days ago I had another story abruptly end because I knew where I wanted the story to go but had no idea how to take it there. Last night I resigned myself to the fact that it was going to be another unfinished and placed it in that folder. While doing so I pulled out at random a story that I had been stuck on eight months ago. I had only got the first two chapters written and although it was a good story it needed a twist.

While talking to a vanilla friend last night the twist came to my head through talking about something very ordinary. Since that little chat with her I have written another three thousand words and the way ahead in the story is clear.

The reason I am telling you all this is for you budding writers out there, that because you have failed to reach the end of your story it is not the end of the world and dont give up. Place it in an unfinished file and remember what you have written because inspiration for the ending will come in its own good time. You cannot force an ending or force yourself to think of the story, as it has to be formed naturally in your mind.

Start another story, and while writing that one if the plot returns. Don’t drop the story you’re now writing, as you will then have another story unfinished, and you might also be on a roll. Jot the plot down at the bottom of the first story for a later date, and carry on with the new story. At some point you might have two stories that will work together and make a more powerful read. I hope this helps anyone that thinks because they are stuck for a way forward it is the end, well it’s not, it is only a blip while the brain refreshes itself.

Be well IAN 2411