Wow, this is a great subject.

For me...he has to be trustworthy. I guess that goes with honesty.

Of course, self-control is a big thing for a Dom as well as a sub. If we can't control ourselves, how do we expect to effectively control or be controlled by another?

Patience is another. Speaking for myself, I can be a handful. I forget things, I can get attitudes of 'self' where I can start to feel a tad...put out...that I don't get to do what I want to do when I want to do it. (Probably because I've never had anyone dictating my activities for the majority of my life until I met Master.) But, when a sub gets those attitudes or does anything that tried a Dom's patience, not having them jump all over you and beat you down about it goes a long way in being able to learn from it.

Speaking for myself...tenderness is a good trait for a Dom to have, especially my Dom. I'll be honest...I don't like to play all the time. I love having the 24/7 D/s dynamic, but sometimes I just want to cuddle on the couch with Master and watch a movie, feeling him running his fingers through my hair rather than be strapped to the bed and flogged. That's why Master and I fit so well together because he likes that, too. And, going along with tenderness, considering how important aftercare is, if the Dom doesn't have tenderness, the aftercare will be extremely lacking.

Well, that's my two cents. I'm sure I could think of some more if I really tried. I'm interested to see what others have to say. I hope you find what you're looking for phantasy_seeker.