As a Dom, I don't see the issue here. Maybe that labels me as an irresponsible Dom to some, but let me phrase this in a Devil's Advocate way.

Let's say ickleimi's Dom asked her to do this to learn aspects of the topic herself. What harm comes from this? Does this make him lazy or inept? No one knows the reasons for him asking this.

Maybe he wanted to teach her how to effectively search for information on the internet. Maybe through this task, there would be other lessons learned.

Just because he's only been her Dom for two weeks doesn't ring any bells in my mind. Sounds like he's being pretty darn responsible by taking things slowly. How else can one learn than by either experiencing or gathering information from others. As openlyrefined pointed out above, maybe ickleimi is so new in the whole BDSM world that she doesn't know what works and what doesn't work for her.

Reading what others experienced does not mean that she will also experience the same things, nor does it mean that she will be interested in those experiences. All it means is that she is becoming more knowledgeable in a facet of life where she might not be.

And in the end, isn't gaining knowledge the whole point of this forum in the first place? I understand that long term "residents" of this forum might be weary because what is being given doesn't fit their ideals of BDSM, but arguing against someone LEARNING? Sad.