Quote Originally Posted by LO1121 View Post
Two thoughts on this. The true weapon in a rape is the power to emotionally damage another person. To make them feel small for a very long time.
I have tried to find out why people rape other people, and there seems to be many reasons. But in gang rape I think it must be hate and frustration taken out on the only ones they can get to. I am thinking especially of the Indian cases here, but I think it goes in a lot of cases.

Now this will sound very anti-feminist, but how much of this anger and hatred of women has to do with the very drastic role reversals that have taken place since the 1950's? This whole ban the "phalogocentric thought process" movement is very much under way. How does that truly affect men on a sub conscious level? Many men say women who hold high power positions are sexy, but in their heads they are screwing them over their desk... Placing them on the bottom. Maybe I'm very off, but food for thought?
Very interesting point, and one I have tried for some time to get a grip on. As I see it, the women started to change their circumstances and the ideas about themselves, and most men did not. Does that not mean an imbalance? It is my pet theory at the moment that men are oppressing each other, keeping each other in roles that are as strict for them as the roles used to be for women (and still are in most of the world). I do not think there is a lot women can do about that, but hope that the men will get around to it, and some do, there have been some conventions and some psychologist are talking, but it is not enough. In my head this is about more freedom for men as well, more freedom of choice and identity and being who you are.

But I still wonder about women as well. There was a new case of rape of a young women where the pictures were put on the net, and as before, many young women participated in ridiculing the victim.

What is going on in their heads?? And what is going on in the heads on the young men, who thinks rape is, of all things, fun? In all the articles I read about rape fun was not one of the reasons.

http://www.khou.com/news/crime/16-ye...266360261.html
http://www.care2.com/causes/16-year-...rved-this.html