Quote Originally Posted by gagged_Louise View Post
Of course, but I felt that was obvious. I recall a girl classmate in high school who said during a talk in class that polite behaviour, in her opinion, would mean that if there was a dinner party at home and some of the guests were folks from her parents' work and the like, whom you didn't meet all the time, and people were discussing something - let's say, a news topis, music, or politics - over the good food, she would not speak there to senior guests or dare to even mildly interrupt them unless she'd been spoken to first. And she wasn't sexually submissive either, far as I know, or from an ethnic background, just very much "fine girl" (and one of the top-grades students in my class). I think there were quite a few silently lifted eyebrows there at her excess of good girl manners, but no one challenged her view of this.

There's no telling from the article how much the leashed "pet girl" had thought through what she was saying or if she's just "talking the talk", picking a posture. So I'll suspend judgment on whether the bus driver was unduly making her an outcast.
the article clearly stated they rode the bus regularly so this wasn't just a 'one-off' shock tactic

that bus driver wasn't thinking of his other passengers, hardly - it's barely even shocking for crying out loud - why? cause they look goth, give me a break, that's hardly new and there are more shocking figures than those two walking the streets today - they look entirely normal aside from the chain linking them - it's clear closed mindedness and nothing more

that bus driver has no right to judge and discriminate who can ride the bus aside from maybe an overly drunk person and i've seen plenty of them on the bus - it's just his low self-esteem that couldn't handle it so he thought he would wield his big 'bus driver powers' and kick them off