I asked several weeks back whether the content of my stories (dark, depressing, but not excessively violent) is disturbing even to people in the BDSM scene, and now I have a bit of a related question.

When are numerous story codes (or more specifically, fetishes) too many? I know there is no such hard limit, but are people less inclined to read a story when it seems to have everything thrown into it but the kitchen sink?

The reason I ask is related to the emphasis of my stories, namely the focus on bad endings and the psychological effects of losing everything. Once a character 'wins' over another and is in a position of complete and uncontested power, they frequently try to degrade the 'loser', and sometimes that includes forced incest or watersports. While I know that there is a huge readership for non-consensual stories, those other two fetishes might be deal breakers for many like scat and snuff are to me.

Since I post stories here with the interest of getting feedback, do any of you think I would be better off making my stories a bit more focused in terms of the fetishes they include?