Hello. I don't post much in these forums outside of The Writer's Block, but there's a question that's been nagging on my mind recently.

I understand that a lot of aspects of BDSM life and erotica are found to be disturbing by the general population, but for those in that actively participate in the scene, what do you find as going too far with regards to erotic fiction?

The reason I ask this is because the content of my stories veers far into the dark side; not only do the woman always end up raped in some form, but they most certainly do not end up liking it in the end. In fact, most of the stories go a step further and finish with a completely hopeless ending, where the female protagonist has to cope with knowing that the rest of her life will be one of sexual servitude. My sex scenes are often brief, and not explicitly violent (no gore or snuff and the such), as I'm more interested in the emotional impact of traumatic events-- an 'emotional sadist' is the proper term, I guess.

I'm a nice guy, really, but I still don't think I've come to terms with these sick fantasies that I have. I'd never, ever, ever use violence against another human being, but in terms of my sex fantasies-- anything goes.

So, my question is, does the content of my stories disturb and offend people, even in the BDSM scene? Especially women-- I understand that forced fantasies are common, but does the hopelessness of my stories go too far?

P.S. I understand this might not be considered the precise sub-forum, as it focuses on the erotic literature, but I'm interested in hearing the thoughts of the wider forum community.