Soledesire posted a thread on the Knowledge Base section about something similar, encouraging a vanilla partner to engage with her submissiveness, but I thought it was not the place to broaden this topic out. I wondered what other experiences people had had and how successful they had been. I have noted postings about how experienced subs can train their Dom.

My last partner turned out to be Dom too. When she introduced herself the first time we met it was as 'Baroness Harkonnen of the House Harkonnen', we were talking 'Dune' PC games, but there was nothing beyond this and she was rather tentative at experimentation. By the time we split, I had her kitted out with enough leather to wear from head to toe, nice boots and a nice long whip. Whilst that was really no use for me, short of having a Dom whip battle, it felt good to have got her on the path and I know that her current partner is submissive in everyday life, and she has him do everything for her that she would have once done, so I trust the relationship is replicated in the bedroom. Having read some postings I wonder if that was the right thing to do, maybe I should have suppressed my tastes and left her as she was to find her own way, unencouraged by myself, as people note that a half-trained Dom is worse than an untrained one. However, to some degree I felt satisfaction of a degree of success.

There is always the issue of addressing such issues especially when you feel affection for the person in question and you do not want to scare them off, and maybe we underestimate the consequences of exposing different facets of people's personalities to them, so I just wondered what success people had had, whether culturing a partner who was complimentary to your tastes or one who had the same tastes as you.