Can anyone help me out here.

This is my first post after lurking for ages and learned a lot. Thanks guys!

Okay deep breath, here goes

For the first time recently I met up with a guy Id chatted to over the internet. He describes himself as a part time disciplinarian which is all I wanted at the time. He asked me lots of questions to find out what I wanted and certainly delivered. I met up with him 3 weeks ago and for the first time got hand spanked, paddled and caned. May sound a bit weak to some of you but it was a big deal to me! It was great!

Ive just finished a relationship and have been getting into trouble and need someone to keep me in check at the moment. Minor things credit cards, speeding, bad attitude, that sort of thing.

He is older than me and quite authoritative. I'm not interested in any sort of sexual relationship with him which he knows and accepts.

We've chatted everyday since on the net and Im going back to see him again. Hes quite clear about the behavior he expects from me, and the consequences of what will happen if I dont improve. Hes intimated he wants me to keep a journal's of my misdemeanor's which he will review when we meet. If Im unable to call him or e mail him hes asked me to let him know in advance so he doesnt worry. Hes very polite, nonthreatening (other than with a cane in his hand!) but has a definite manner about him which makes me think twice about my actions so I dont have to answer to him. So its working!

My question to you is this : Is he a disciplinarian or Dom? Or are they they same thing?

Can I have your thoughts as to the difference. Hes away over the holidays so I cant talk to him about it. I thought a Dom took more interest in to day to day behavior rather than just spanking for punishment as I thought a disciplinarian would. Im comfortable at the moment with what he wants me to do but need to get it straight in my own head and just interested in the difference.

Thanks in advance