I have been online for over a year and a half, and last year ventured into real life. There is so much that W/we walk into when exploring this side of ourselves, and when beginning it can almost be overwhelming. I had preconceived ideas of what it meant, how i should act, etc. What i found was that OL interactions don't vary as much as some people would have you think. There are basic rules of etiquette that should be followed, and it isn't about bowing down, saying Sir, or that play is required.

First and foremost, it should be about respect. I know that this is earned, but give and you shall receive. Dont make assumptions that because you are an "s" type that you have to do what anyone with a Dom title or attitude dictates to you. Respect yourself and know that your submission is a gift. As a Dominant, respect yourself, and the value of Your role. Anyone can fuck or get someone off, but the true nature of a REAL Dominant will always be to take in all that the sub they are with is offering, and want just as much trust and devotion in the time together as they are giving.

Respect each other as people first, and all else will follow.