Then again, One partner calls me a brat. W/we enjoy the fun and banter. Teasing Him is fun and even skirting on the edge is something that energises U/us both. But when He commands, I obey. I will ask for leniency when needed, I will ask questions and clarification... BUT I obey. This is the very foundation of D/s.

I believe myself to be challenging as a submissive. Not because I willfully disobey but because I expect a lot from my Him. I have a good mind and am not lazy to use it. I don't submit to anyOne and those who have my submission have shown Themselves to be worthy of it. They worked for it.....as I worked for Their Dominance.

I realise there isn't a 'one way' of D/s, but this seems to go to the very nature and fabric of What Domination and submission is.
I love this response I and agree with it wholeheartedly. If he gives me a command I obey it, this is our foundation....how we both mesh and complete each other. Not to say, like just ine, I don't skirt the edge a bit, it can add that extra spark. I also know if I skirt to close to that edge and he is displeased, I will know it. I feel that pushing to much in my eyes becomes disrespectful and not synonymous with what a D/s relationship is based on. But I am smart, strong and it is my willingness to give up these things in myself to MY Sir when he commands that completes us. But like everyone says, not all D/s relationships are the same, just like not all vanilla ones stay the same course.