I am relatively new to this life, say only maybe 5-6 years and have only had this experience with one Master. I am personally blessed by the fact that his experience compelled him to compel me to read and learn so that while he prefers me to follow his lead, he enabled me to learn so I had a broader and deeper understanding of what I was beginning my life as. We are both in our 40's and while he has been at this long enough to have attended seminars and such, he is taking me to my first social event as it's only now that he feels I am ready to behave to the community and to him in that setting with the proper manners and etiquette it deserves. The library has been my favorite learning place, as well as some others I spend time with in real life. I believe what your speaking of is largely a problem with the world that infiltrates all.... Easier softer way has its attractions to many. The consequence is huge. I am grateful to my Master and to the learned people who have taken the time to nurture, and teach me. Thank you for this thread. I Thank those who offer us learning