I am curious to know, how many of you out there have had long term successful online relationships? I ask because, at one time many years ago I connected with someone on here and we had a great friendship. We tried the D/s online thing for a very short amount of time and when I got scared and wanted to back out he became very angry and turned into to a completely different person. He tried black mailing me and threatened to pretty much ruin my life. I promised myself I wouldn't come back here, but for those years I was gone a part of me was missing. I had no one to share these feelings with and felt lost. I am so glad that I re-joined because I feel complete again. I have met some really awesome people...and one that I think I have a connection with. I am terrified. I don't want to give into these feelings because obviously, I don't want to be burned again. Can we truly KNOW a person through chatting online? I am not sure. How many of you have had long-term successful online relationships? Any advice?