I think that many who set themselves up as Dominants really have no idea what it means to take the responsibility for another persons happiness, well-being and safety. I think for many of these it is a personal and psychological power trip. They want to be dominant (little d intended). They want to be in charge. They want to enjoy the position of power and the supplication of a submissive. What they don't understand is that a true Dominant personality is so self assured and so self aware that they never even give a second thought to the idea that they might not be in control all of the time.

Refusing to perform any act, be it sexual or otherwise, that they construe to be "giving power up to the sub" is, for me, a sure indication that the person in question does not understand Domination, does not have the correct emotional and psychological strength to be a Dominant, and, in some cases, may be running from submissive or switch tendencies that scares the living daylights out of them.

Again, I am no psychologist nor am I an expert. This is more opinion than anything else. And opinions are a lot like arm pits. Everyone has a couple and most of them stink.

TDS