Yes I'm sure nothing of value came from torture. The experts say it is unreliable and besides that, they are being tortured years after capture by which time any information they could have had would be out of date. The biggest and unspoken error is in who the prisoners are. They are mostly Taliban foot soldiers who know nothing about terrorism, they fought because their country was invaded. And innocent people who were sold to the Americans for the bounty paid. This is why I advocate a complete audit of measures to review their effectiveness and justification.

I agree the west has done more for terrorist recruitment than the groups themselves.They cannot say IS is a small matter then ask for big budget. My concern is how we fail to correct the image the west is oppressing muslims. That no big heads fell over Abu Graib and other scandals is a disgrace.

Yes majority will fall silent if they think they are being monitored or on a list. But I advocate pride in being on the list. How one day it will be seen as an honor, like the germans who resisted Hitler. I advoce mass civil protest in such numbers that it clogs the sytem "I'm Spartacus monitor me".

The problem I have with meddling and intervention is the motive. \is it coincidence Libya has oil and Syria doesn't. Did we intervene in African wars when millions of civilians died. I believe western nations should declare there "values" and establish principles to define if and when they get involved in the conflicts.

Bin Ladin primary gripe is that the US supports and keeps in place the Saud royal family. The issue of supporting some dictators and seeking to overthriow others comes down to strategic interests. I advocate governments be banned from secretely interfering in the affairs of other countries. Support for a side must be in line with a nations philosophy and mission statement and approved in parliaments.

The importance and effect of terrorism is not enough to curtail civil liberties or go against a nations values. How many die as a result of terrorism, How many die in road accidents or shooting deaths. Will americans cite shooting deaths as a reason to curtail the right to bear arms or drunk driving road deaths as reason to have checkpoints on roads or police stationed outside pubs. Terrorism if advertised by government with compliant media is a fear. Like shark attacks get disproportionate publicity. And when the people are afraid they will accept actions and spendings they would not otherwise do.

I agree we could do more to stop terrorism at home but disagree with your focus. Making muslims feel more at home serves to attract more immigrants and gives weight to their demands that society should change to suit their cultures.

The muslim leaders and communities must be named and shamed because of their failure to denounce radicalist and inertia. Every mosque is the meeting place and recruitment center for terrorists. The terrorists indoctrinate, recruit and plot while the imams and police watch.