Hi Jessie, my advise would be not to rush into anything, although the temptation is defiantly there (read up on 'sub frenzy'). while there are many very good and helpful folk and I have found people on this site to be on the whole genuine, kind and helpful, like everything there are some bad apples and the last thing you want is to open yourself up to one of those. firstly read read read, have as good an idea as you can about what you want. I personally think as a sub, having a subby 'mentor' is very helpful. The more you are on the site and the more freinds You make the more you will discover people who you can approach to act in this role. Be extremely caution about 'training' with anyone who doesn't have at least some on line history and if you can try to assure yourself that they have freinds and are respected by others before leaping in yourself (check out visitors messages, forum posts etc etc). Also be careful about anyone insisting on being called Master before you have even introduced yourself, or someone who makes You feel uncomfortable or uneasy. Above all be cautious, jp just as you would any real life relationship.

Good luck!