I'm not sure what street harassment means. I take a strict view on this. For me anybody hindering me from going about my business is harassing me. If a person stops me for directions or to ask the time, that is forgiveable since it is a one off. But the fundraiser or beggar calling out to every passer by is not. Buskers, street artists etc. would all be swept away in my world. That said the town council should provide appropriate places for street artists and fundraisers but ban then from verbally soliciting.

The original post seems to describe sexual harassment, I don't see the need to confuse matters by giving an additional term for something that already has a name. If somebody sexually harasses another in a train should we coin a new word train harassment?

BUT we do not want a world that is too strict. I'm sure most women don't object to the occassional wolf whistle, especially if thy are dressed to attract the male eye. Harassment is not a one off incident. It is for repeated or continuous incidents.

We have to be careful the pendelum (spelling) does not swing too far. Its getting to the state where I feel its dangerous to speack or interact with any female i dont know. I tend to give females a wide berth. I'd rather stand on the bus than sit next to a woman.