[QUOTE=Denzark;1017329

BUT we do not want a world that is too strict. I'm sure most women don't object to the occassional wolf whistle, especially if thy are dressed to attract the male eye. Harassment is not a one off incident. It is for repeated or continuous incidents.

We have to be careful the pendelum (spelling) does not swing too far. Its getting to the state where I feel its dangerous to speack or interact with any female i dont know. I tend to give females a wide berth. I'd rather stand on the bus than sit next to a woman.[/QUOTE]

That is another side of the problem that I had not thought about..

When reading what women say about this, among many different answers two things keep coming back: 1) many women do not like comments on or reactions to their looks, whether meant positively or negatively. 2) feeling of being threatened.

If many people do not like reactions to their looks, might it not be a good idea to refrain from them? People also dress for their own sake, or for a particular person, not any or every person in the street.

About threats: I myself have, as said, been chased by cars along the road. That is a threat. But it is not always so easy to define. A rule of thumb, if people look scared or uncomfortable, stop. Harassment, in my eyes, shows itself when someone continues beyond that point.

I would feel sad if this discussion means that some men are uncomfortable sitting next to a woman in public transportation.

Is this a problem for many? I would like to hear about that.