First off I must say I struggle with the mindset of the sadist. The concept of getting pleasure from causing pain in others is something that goes against the values we are taught from childhood. Take out the consent and it is the mindset of the crazy serial murderer, the concentration camp guard, the boy plucking the wings off the butterfly.

But that's another topic. As regards the questions posed in this topic I believe sadism cannot be taught any more than homosexuality can be taught. It can be nurtured, a person can be brought up to behave like a sadist and even think they enjoy it but they are only mimicing it, True sadism must come from within.

The question though can be confusing. Is the question, can we teach somebody to be a sadist or can we teach a sadist new tricks. The first question I have answered, As for the second of course a sadist, like anybody, can be introduced to new tricks which may or may not interest them, This is what happens in just_ine example. She suggests a new technique and the sadist thinks it may be interestting. This is like the spanish inquisitor exchanging torture tecchniques with the Guantanamo camp interogators. Hey what do you think about waterboarding as opposed to the thumbscrew? Its information exchange, learning new techniques and even the psychology of pain and suffering. How to think like Hannibal Lecter.

But the question maybe should not be whether its possible to teach a sadist but is it right to teach a sadist. For me sex is about doinf whatever turns you on. Its a personal thing. What works for you may not work for another. One should not seek to copy others and do it like others do. But one should experiment to find out what one likes and doesn't. Its like food. Nobody can teach you to llke chinese or italian food but you should try everything because you wont know what you like unless you try it.