In a little under two weeks, work is taking me out of town and right into the neighborhood of a Dom both Master and I know online but have never met in r/l. (Yes, He's on this forum but I prefer to leave His personal engagement calendar as His own business.) We contacted Him, let Him know of my trip and invited Him to meet if interested. He agreed to. J's original plan was to accompany me on this trip, but as it turns out I will be traveling solo due to His other commitments. Nevertheless, Master gave permission and even encouraged this meeting to still take place. This particular Dom is someone both He and I have learned quite a bit from, and feel comfortable with.

Other than my own Master, this will be the first time I have ever met someone in the Lifestyle like this. So, my question is as follows: is there a particular protocol to meeting another Dom for the first time? How do you greet Him? What do you call Him? Who orders first at dinner? So on and so forth... I know this is a broad question and there really isn't a single right answer, but I'm interested in what people have to say on the topic.