i could not agree more, i have often felt that the word racist was indeed itself a derogatory and for want of a better word a "racist" or exclusive term

all humans irrespective of colour, religion or creed belong to the human race, we are the same, to treat another human differently or to disadvantage them because of their ethnicity cant therefore be racist, i feel it is maybe more akin to xenophobia.

Dont get me wrong i am all to aware sadly that such bigotry and small mindedness happens and is prevalent in some societies, however as pearlgem says to label such unpleasant behaviour as racist is i feel demeaning to the people siffering such treatment.

racist, racism is i feel an outdated concept, construed out of ignorance and a lack if understanding, given that we are all of the same race it is surely not possible to be racist to anything other than something not from the human race, a horse or a goat etc.

Thank you pearlgem for having the courage to raise this subject, i am not in any way trying to say or infer that people are not disadvantaged or suffer mistreatment or negative stereotyping as a result of their colour, religion or backgrounds, but it cant be racism.

Lets move into the 21st century here and call this disgusting treatment what it is, xenophobic; and not, all be it possibly unintentionally infer that people who are different from us are a different race.

Humans are one race, fact !!!!