Schools use mock elections here as well. But many don't like the idea, often based on the results almost always being overwhelmingly liberal.

Know what you say about the growth of debt. Sold a property and used a portion of receipts to, literally, clear my CC debt. In roughly two years right back at the same level.

With CC one of the major problems is that it is not really seen as money!

Quote Originally Posted by thir View Post
Ouch. Not a good way to start. But I am reminded of the lastest talk here (UK) about just how much people owe. It is thought that this over-consumption is brought about by the ease with which to get credit cards. You run up debt and it is growing out of control by the interest.
In addition the banks were handing out loans left and right to anyone who could sign their name.

My point is, of course, that we adults don't always to so well either. Surely experience is important, very important. But fresh ways of thinking might also?

I am thinking of programs from high school in DK where the students made mock elections as a project in connection with an actual election, and their discussions about why they would vote for X or Z, or start their own party ;-)