Hi all,

I've written in response to other submissive's threads: "patience". Well, I have lost mine. The "two steps forward, one step back" dance I've been in with my husband has lost about 10 steps, and I'm feeling horrible. It seemed a couple of months ago that we were about to break through to a wonderful D/s relationship, but all has come to a screeching halt, and our D/s interactions have degenerated to a little "slap and tickle" during sex. What am I doing wrong? I know he was getting into it - once in a while the energy between us was so strong you could almost see it. Is it the fact that domination is a lot of work? Preparation, thought, planning...but from what I read here on the forums, you all get the payoff you want! Is that what's missing? Am I not giving him what he needs/wants? Please answer this question: what is your reward for dominating your submissive? Is it the tears and comfort he/she requires? Is it the joy and happiness she feels when she takes what you give and gives what you want? Is it quiet obedience that satisfies you? I'm willing to go in other directions in my submissiveness, but don't know which way to turn!

Hoping for something to hang on to,
jeanne